Job Title: Subject Matter Expert / FSR
Location: Maintenance Center Barstow, CA
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Minimum Government Security Clearance Required: Active Secret
Program: The Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) Family of Vehicles (FoV) are armored vehicles with a blast resistant underbody designed to protect the crew from mine blasts, fragmentary and direct weapons fire. MRAP is managed by the MRAP Program Manager (PM) and has been deployed to commands, various units, Explosive Ordnance Devices (EOD) team, and Combat Engineer teams with survivable ground mobility platforms. Services provided will be primarily for the US Marine Corps (USMC) MRAP FoVs, but may include support for the US Navy and US Air Force.
Provide technical guidance on field and sustainment level maintenance to include diagnostics (software, etc.) and repair of MRAP FOV armored vehicles. The SME must have a proven maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and technical experience and background in industrial manufacturing, commercial maintenance or military operations or maintenance, and be able to use common tools. Duties, tasks, and responsibilities of the SME shall include but are not limited to providing assistance in vehicle reset activities, performing failure diagnosis; incorporating Government approved engineering changes to the FoV; providingmaintenance, supply, spare parts/ASL data, warranty, and quality deficiency information to the Program Manager for weekly and monthly status reporting; and assisting unit personnel in operator and maintenance procedures at field site(s). SMEs follow prescribed maintenance processes for troubleshooting, repair and quality management. SME participates in weekly QASP meetings/telecons.
The SME shall act as an onsite liaison for the MRAP Program Office for matters related to ongoing reset activities. The SME shall also perform quality checks and inspections of vehicles completed by the performing depot or maintenance center.
- Education requirements: High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Required Experience: Six (6) years relevant experience in maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair, to include industrial manufacturing and commercial or military maintenance; proficient with military maintenance procedures. Training and experience should have been acquired through a formal apprenticeship or specialized formal military training. Ideal candidate will be a former/retired USMC SNCO/CWO/officer or civil servant. Requires demonstrated recent relevant experience in USMC supply administration, working knowledge of MERIT, SASSY, and GCCS Marine Corps, and general acquisition logistics operations. Prior experience/working knowledge of the USMC Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) Vehicle Program, motor transport/equipment maintenance and sustainment operations, depot level maintenance experience, and program office experience preferred. Requires strong verbal & written communications; ability to successfully interact with customers at multiple levels & work independently or as part of a team; professional presentation skills and familiarity with MS Office application.
- Desired: USMC formal schools training, MRAP University training.
- Work Environment: This job may entail approximately an 90/10 mix of work in an office environment and a field environment. Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including very hot or cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers, military customer, and all levels of management. Must be able to gain access to Marine Corps Logistics Base, Albany; and other designated sites. Expect travel requirements to support program mission.
- Additional Requirement: Candidate must possess good written and verbal communication skills and must also have time management, critical thinking and problem solving skills. Overtime may be required. Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
- Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities or entail assuming a site lead responsibility.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
All USI employment is contingent upon individual’s providing legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States and satisfactory background check results.
USI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.