CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD
CHOSEN CANDIDATE(S) WILL BE ASKED FOR AN UPDATED RESUME AND TO SIGN A LETTER OF INTENT (LOI)
Job Title: Senior Strategic Planner
Location: Ft. Belvoir, VA
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Minimum Security Clearance: Active DoD Secret
Program: The Rapid Equipping Force (REF) was formed in 2003 at the direction of the Vice Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army to develop strategies and methodologies to swiftly introduce materiel innovations into the U.S. Army by taking emerging technologies to operational environments for initial field evaluation.
· Strategic-level organizational support to the REF Director and REF Deputy Director.
· Make recommendations to the REF Director and/or REF Deputy Director on a wide variety of issues and how best to proceed in order to meet the REF Director’s intent while keeping in line with the overall strategic vision of the organization.
· Assist the REF in the refinement, evolution, and communication of an organizational vision for the REF.
· Assist the REF in the evolution and implementation of the mission statement, and document revisions to the mission via modifications to the concept plan, Temporary Duty Assignment (TDA) or General Order as required.
· Maintain visibility on any recurring information requirements for HQDA or other higher organizations. As necessary, collect this information from internal REF divisions, package it appropriately, and ensure we meet any suspense given for that information requirement.
· Prepare a wide variety of briefings, as necessary, by collecting and packaging information from both internal and external sources. Ensure all briefings meet their intents are conveyed and are completed in a timely fashion in accordance with their assigned suspenses.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Twenty (20) years of total Active Duty Army experience at one of the following: O-5 or above, civilian at GS-14 or above. Experience must be with Army Division (i.e., 82nd Airborne) or Higher Staff (Army General Staff 3-5-7 or equivalent) and include financial management-budget experience within those roles.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
All USI employment is contingent upon individual’s providing legal proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States and satisfactory background check results.
USI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.